Personal Stories About Moving To and Living in, the Countryin Farm Land
GoodByeCityLife.com is a small, growing, and diverse community. People send email everyday from all parts of the USA and Canada. Some live on a working farm, others a hobby farm and even others with just a small lot in a big city who want to garden, raise a few chickens or redo their homes in country decor.
While some are asking for advice others offer their specialty and assistance as a guest article or free resources to this country living community.
Currently we have four contributing authors - only two with their life story (as related to their move to a farm) listed below.
- Laura Childs - Your Primary Author/Editor
Severson - Regular Contributor
(as well as Owner of Serenity Lane Hand Milled Soaps).
- Linda Parker - Has a great garden on a rural lot that keeps her in vegetables and beautiful flowers year round. On occasion sends in recipes and ideas for articles.
- Dagny Musclow - Decorator Extraordinaire! When I've run out of home decorating ideas, I turn to Dagny and her mother Janis for primitive inspiration.
- Eric Kleinoder - Who'll be building our country home this summer and will let me document every step over on another site called Log Home Today.
- Richard Koster - Who has taught me more about living authentically (even if I don't agree with him all the time) and who knows his stuff when it comes to farming, country land, and excavation.
- David and Lucille Burke - Who have shown me that you can accept love and blessings from others without feeling heavily obligated in return. David and Lucille own and operate weekly rentals from a gorgeous house on the lake in Ontario.
More Living in the Country Stories are Coming!
If you'd like to contribute by submitting your story or article, drop me a line using the contact form. Even if you can't write well just draft up your piece and I'll edit it for you, with your approval, before it's published.
Finally, don't forget to check out our Farms for Sale listings.
Today's Country Photo
Country Living Columns
Viewers' Choice - Favorite Stops
- Discount Country Store - Everything from farm land to antiques and primitive signs.
- Country Farms for Sale
- Country Gardens - How does your country garden grow?
- Favorite Country Crafts